Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,387   Online: 1094

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: AZO Lightsource

Images

AZO Lightsource

I'm finding that my 65w grow light isn't working out too well. My print times are real slow.

Where would you suggest getting a 3002 R40 light? The only one I have sfound so far is at www.lightbulbcity.us for $43 plus shipping. Sounds a little high for a light bulb, but then again, This isnt a standard 60w bulb.

Any leads?
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brian want a real big supply of light bulbs? I haave I think it is 24 around 5 feet long light tubes that are in my broken un repariable light talbe. If you want them they are yours. I'm taking the rest of it to the dump this weekend.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You can use an ordinary bulb. That's all that Weston had. Lately I've been using a small halogen desk lamp with the UV filter removed, and my times are usually on the order of 15-45 sec.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/pro...594050&ccitem=

If, for any reason, you can't get the link to work, search on Grainger Item # 2V411.

Hope this helps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You might try this one as well. Don had mentioned that he was able to cut his printing times quite a bit with a smaller output of the corrct spectrum of light.

http://www.bulbman.com/index.asp?Pag...ROD&ProdID=135

Shooter
    Large Format
    BLB bulbs such as the F15T8BLB will dramatically reduce your printing times. However, these lamps do not have much visible spectral emission. Incandescent bulbs such as the 65 watt BLB screw in bulb will not work well. Another lamp that will expose Azo is a mercury vapor HID lamp. However these do require a ballast to start the lamp. I use both 300 and 150 watt reflector floods but they have a lot of wasted light since the greatest portion of the light output from these lamps will fall out of the spectrum that exposes Azo.

I am working on developing a light source that will have substantial UVA output and a visible componant as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Possibly used like the Minolta Beseler color head in which there was a separate lamp for focusing. Use of a small white light source between the BLB bulbs may be practical.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you want something fantastic for azo, you should check out the new light source head for enlarging azo. I saw it at the LF conference. It's pricy at $1100 for the new enlarger head, but the prints were great. Michael Smith knows the guy. They shared booth space.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Brian, why not use a standard R40 type reflector bulb? I've been using a 120W screwed into a standard socket about 4 ft above the table. Works fine. Michael Smith has been using a 300W R40 for years.

Images
    ebay has a good selection of lights. I have been getting my hydroponics bulbs at dirt cheap prices. If I can get a 1000 watt HID bulb for a paltry 45 bucks(last summer's price) I bet others are pretty cheap too.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin