Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,266   Posts: 1,534,329   Online: 785

Shooter
    Medium Format

Scanning contact prints

For those that do contact prints, what is the difference in a flatbed scan of a contact print and a flatbed scan of a LF negative in terms of quality? Many thanks...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unless you are asking this in order to upload pictures to the gallery here, his subject is best suited to our sister site, Hybrid Photo.

http://www.hybridphoto.com/forums/home.php
    Last edited by SuzanneR; 02-26-2010 at 06:13 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Clarity

Shooter
    Large Format
    Depends on the process. For my 8X10 pt/pd prints its naturally necessary to scan the print. Even for manufactured paper such as Lodima, I think its important to do the print, especially if you've masked/dodged/burned etc the print.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Paper texture significantly degrades the quality of a scanned image; RC scans okay but many FB and especially FB matte papers do not. Many of us who print to matte paper post neg scans in the APUG gallery for that reason. RC scans almost as well as film, in my experience, at least for the typical web-gallery sized images.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin