Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,138   Online: 1057

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For my DIY UV box I bought up Noma Back Light Blue compact fluorecents. I found mine at Canadian Tire. My initial effort used 2 bulbs for a 4x5 box. I proofed the concept, and scaled up to 9 lamps to allw me to print up to 11x14. I use it with Dr Mike Ware's Cyanotype formula, and find my exposure times are between 20 and 60 minutes depending on how dense the negative is.
    my real name, imagine that.

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The real value of a self contained contact printer is when there are many prints to be made. One can set up dodging masks with paper tissue on a stage below the neg. It is said to take a long time to set up, but once the setup is right, contact prints can be made very quickly.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    . I use it with Dr Mike Ware's Cyanotype formula, and find my exposure times are between 20 and 60 minutes depending on how dense the negative is.
    That's really slow, I would rather sun print.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga View Post
    That's really slow, I would rather sun print.
    So would I, but in the winter around here it can be a long wait for the sun to make itself seen. Plus most times when thesn is nice and strong I am at work, doing the wage slave thing.

The UV bulbs were bought using Canadian Tire money, which is a script that you can use as cash at the retailer. I generated my script 3 and 4$ at a time fuelling the cars at their gas bars. So cash out of pocket for my DIY solution was almost nothing.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    So cash out of pocket for my DIY solution was almost nothing.
    Gotta love that!
    Don Bryant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin