Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,142   Online: 1140

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Looking for a better contact printing frame

I have a Zone VI 8x10 contact printing frame and it works fine, but it would be great to find a frame without a lip. I am looking for any suggestions.

Thanks,

Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kenmeyersphoto
    I have a Zone VI 8x10 contact printing frame and it works fine, but it would be great to find a frame without a lip. I am looking for any suggestions.

Thanks,

Ken
    I have a frame from David Kennedy and it's phenomenal! He has a website, but it's bookmarked on a different computer than the one I'm on. A search on his name and contact frame would bring it up. He makes his own so if there's specific specification you want he can probably accomodate them.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Jeremy,

Does it have a lip or not?

Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not too sure what you mean by a "lip"

I understand it's some sort of groove, but where at? I can upload some photos of my frame tomorrow if that helps.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    When you are looking at frame from the bottom and you are placing your negative in the frame, my present holder has a "lip" that is about an 1/8th of an inch inside the area where the negative sits. You have to be extra careful in seating the negative and the paper or you loose a small part of your image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kenmeyersphoto
    When you are looking at frame from the bottom and you are placing your negative in the frame, my present holder has a "lip" that is about an 1/8th of an inch inside the area where the negative sits. You have to be extra careful in seating the negative and the paper or you loose a small part of your image.
    A solution to this is to use a size up, I use a 14x11 frame for 10x8. I also think that the ones sold by Bostick and Sullivan are "oversize" so that you dont have this problem, i.e. 10 x8 is really 11x9.
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Doug Kennedy makes some very nice contact frames. I have two, an 8x10 and an 11x14 and definitely would recommend them. Doug has some information at http://e.neilsen.home.att.net/dougkennedy.htm#Doug, although I'm not sure how up-to-date it is.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin