Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,968   Online: 850

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    Just get a starter pack of the Lodima. I find it much easier to print on than the stuff made for enlarging. I contact print up to 8x10 and find it hard to beat. Why wait until your are "better at all this"? Just do it, you WON'T be sorry.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by henrysamson View Post
    Just get a starter pack of the Lodima. I find it much easier to print on than the stuff made for enlarging. I contact print up to 8x10 and find it hard to beat. Why wait until your are "better at all this"? Just do it, you WON'T be sorry.
    I'd hate to waste the paper, learning on it. But, maybe I will get a starter pack and try it out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe VanCleave View Post
    Many people suggest using RC paper for contact prints if they're for making contact sheets of rollfilm negatives, for general perusal and such. But for finished prints I'd suggest going with fiber-based paper. It doesn't take any more room, just a bit longer washing time, but the results are much better. If you like Kertesz's prints, fiber paper is going to look closer to what he printed with. I'd recommend any of the eastern-European brands for a good start. I like the look of glossy fiber paper. A bit of selenium toning can add that special look.

Good luck and hope to see your results.

~Joe
    Have got some RC paper on the way (Fotospeed) to start with as I've doing very little printing before but will probably be onto Fibre Base paper as soon as poss. Ta for the advice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin