Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,466   Online: 1060

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: UV Bliss

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    BTW, if you have not picked up a fan, I did find a 4 in. fan at Radio Shack - but $20...was more than I had figured..don't know why..anyway if you don't find one up there let me know and I can pick one up down here.
    Mike, make sure you can return it. The fan I bought--from Radio Shack--was supposed to be able to handle the load, but it caught on fire and burned instead and it was ~$20 if I remember correctly. Right now my set-up works great with the hole and the desk fan--if I'm not printing I can use it on my desk and since I already had it, it was free!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Im inspired jeremy.
    I just read through this whole thread and the Ballast and bipins collecting dust in a box are going to get put to use. I still need two more ballast and 8 bi pins but can likely find those here in town.

whered you buy the BL bulbs at? I found 24"BLB bulbs at Home Depot and can purchase them locally but from all the articles (skings and such) the BL ones seem a better way to go.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Keep an eye out for spring-loaded bipin sockets. They are really cool for hanging fixtures when you're on a ladder (doesn't apply here). I think they might not be as critical for alignment as the twist-in ones. I had never seen spring loaded bi-pin sockets until recently, only the single pin ones.

Murray
    Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scootermm
    whered you buy the BL bulbs at? I found 24"BLB bulbs at Home Depot and can purchase them locally but from all the articles (skings and such) the BL ones seem a better way to go.

I just built one of these from the Edwards ubildit plans. I purchased my 24"BL bulbs from Grainger. I just looked at the website (www.grainger.com) & they have 2 branches in Austin. I bought my little fan there too. (as well as the ballasts & lampholders, but you already have those)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by matt miller
    I just built one of these from the Edwards ubildit plans. I purchased my 24"BL bulbs from Grainger. I just looked at the website (www.grainger.com) & they have 2 branches in Austin. I bought my little fan there too. (as well as the ballasts & lampholders, but you already have those)
    Ditto, and since they are located in Austin you can beat the shipping cost for 24" long glass bulbs!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    Mike, make sure you can return it. The fan I bought--from Radio Shack--was supposed to be able to handle the load, but it caught on fire and burned instead and it was ~$20 if I remember correctly. Right now my set-up works great with the hole and the desk fan--if I'm not printing I can use it on my desk and since I already had it, it was free!

Yippee!!!!!

The light box is finished, except for the fan, but it lights up a 3 car garage with light to spare.

BTW Jeremy, installed the fan and just as you said....Poof!! gone, so will have to locate something that can handle the load. Don't believe what the guys at RS tell you. Still very happy with the light, 12 BLB bulbs - 24 inch, using electronic ballast which seems to give really good output. Now waiting for the order from B&S to come in (LiPld for Zia's and a Van Dyke kit !!)
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    BTW Jeremy, installed the fan and just as you said....Poof!! gone, so will have to locate something that can handle the load. Don't believe what the guys at RS tell you. Still very happy with the light, 12 BLB bulbs - 24 inch, using electronic ballast which seems to give really good output. Now waiting for the order from B&S to come in (LiPld for Zia's and a Van Dyke kit !!)
    Congrats Mike and I told you so

You can do what I did and get a little desk fan to blow into there, just widen the hole a little bit.

blog
    website

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    So, when can we expected to see the results uploaded to the gallery?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD
    So, when can we expected to see the results uploaded to the gallery?

Soon, I hope...waiting on fresh chems to come in..and maybe make some new negatives..

Mike C

Rambles

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin