Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,565   Online: 1092

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112

Thread: Fomalux 111

AJH

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
    If you are inside the EU and want a supplier without VAT and import-duty problems then any of the online stockists (as per post 106) will do the job. I have used both of those I mentioned without any problem, and I forgot to mention Fotoimpex who have a massive range of just about everything. There is no shortage of outlets, only (somewhat) a shortage of manufacturers!

EDIT: At least Macodirect have Fomalux in stock right now - I just looked on their website. The country-based distributors should also have it, or be able to order it.
    Inside EU isn't taxfree. It is only that there will be no import and thus no import-handling-fees. Which are main reason for not buying small goods from outside EU. Fees are some Euro 15 on a tax amount of some Euro 10. The same fee for some Euro 200 is obviously less trouble.

Odd, as MACOdirect is almost twice as expensive. Do they sell anything at all?

Should plan a trip to Prague and get the car-boot full
    With FOMA, beer and sausages
    Last edited by AJH; 08-09-2012 at 05:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Yes, and thanks for the reminder. I did not notice the dates of the previous posts. Thanks again

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AJH View Post
    ??? A quote from 2 years ago...
    What's wrong with that???

AJH

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    What's wrong with that???
    The discussion is obviously moot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The discussion is obviously moot.
    Not moot at all. Lodima and Fomulax are both still very much available.

Shooter
    35mm
    Inside EU isn't taxfree. It is only that there will be no import and thus no import-handling-fees. Which are main reason for not buying small goods from outside EU. Fees are some Euro 15 on a tax amount of some Euro 10. The same fee for some Euro 200 is obviously less trouble.

Odd, as MACOdirect is almost twice as expensive. Do they sell anything at all?

Should plan a trip to Prague and get the car-boot full
    With FOMA, beer and sausages
    Oops, that was my bad phraseology. I meant 'no VAT problems', not 'no VAT'! VAT is dealt with by the seller and added to the price charged so there is nothing extra to pay for the buyer when both are within the EU. I thought the start for import-duty was several groups of goods having a value over EUR150, or so it seemed. Is there something I've missed paying all these years??!!

I'm now looking very curiously at Maco's pricing . . . I was considering the Fomalux for 'something different' with 10x8" film contacts of pinhole and also with larger paper-negs. F64-like it is not

When we ship Lodima paper overseas, if the customer is willing to take the risk of loss or damage, and so far we have never had any loss or damage, we value low for customs. Usually there is no tax at all and no duties.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I bought Lodima usually to Michael A.Smith and I didn't have problem at all with shipping, I've never paid tax or if sometimes it's happened I paid very low price.

Stefano
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin