Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,664   Posts: 1,481,682   Online: 750

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Pelland contact printing frames

Just a heads-up for my APUG friends. After almost three years chasing "real" jobs around the country, I'm back in the south with time to do what I like the most - making contact printing frames.
    I know APUG members were some of my best customers, and sources of good ideas in the past. I really appreciate your suggestions and good will! I hope I can continue to supply contact printers everywhere with some of the best hand made printing frames available.
    I'm not taking any orders, just yet, but I already have six 8x10s in the works that I'm using to tune up the process. I should be in full swing by the end of November 2010. My plan is to make 8x10's and 11x14's and keep things simple with just those two sizes.
    You can see what I'm up to on the pellandphoto.com web site. As always, I welcome your comments. Thanks! Dan P

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    This is fantastic news Dan. I have two of your frames and they are really, really good - the best I've used.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Great news! It's always inspiring to see people giving in to doing what they really want to do.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dan,
    do your 8x10 frames allow the entire negative and paper sandwich exposure to light - or does the edge of the frame cover the edge of the sandwich?

Thanks and best of luck in the new/old endeavor.

Shawn

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm very interested, but making digital negatives for contact printing (and them having image dimensions of exactly 11x14), the actual negative dimensions are closer to A3 (14x18 would cover it nicely and leave some room to work comfortably).

Any chance?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format

Thanks!

Thank you, Ian. It's good to hear from you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Jerevan. Indeed!
    Last edited by Dan Pelland; 11-16-2010 at 07:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    Dan,
    do your 8x10 frames allow the entire negative and paper sandwich exposure to light - or does the edge of the frame cover the edge of the sandwich?

Thanks and best of luck in the new/old endeavor.

Shawn
    The 8x10's that are in process now will have a lip intruding approx 1/8" into the exposure area on all sides. This is not a new concern, and I'll log your comment as a request for over-sized frames.
    Thanks for the kind thoughts!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    I'm very interested, but making digital negatives for contact printing (and them having image dimensions of exactly 11x14), the actual negative dimensions are closer to A3 (14x18 would cover it nicely and leave some room to work comfortably).

Any chance?
    Thanks for the input Ralph. I'll listen carefully to requests from the community and build to the dimensions that are needed, so I'd say there's a pretty good chance.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Dan made a custom size for me a few years ago and I've been very pleased with it.
    Keith Pitman
    Photographer
    www.keithpitman.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin