Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,582,975   Online: 1058

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimeb82 View Post
    I am using a two blade easel that got for free, I bought a bunch of mats from an art place and was intending to use them the size of the mats are 11x14 with 7,5x9,5 opening so that gave a bad vibe about what is going on with my sizing, I can't get those measurements! I guess I will have to learn how to make my own mats because sometimes I could crop and get the image all the way to 8x10 but other times I had to cut half of an important part of the image. Thanks for the tips!
    Hi Jaime,

One of the thing I do is to print the full negative frame with some white space at the bottom. This gives you a spot to title it and sign it.

The other thing is printing the sprocket holes to fill some space.

See the examples.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DevilsGolfCourse copy.jpg   ChurchOnTheWayHome copy.jpg  
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A four-blade easel gives you much more freedom to place the image where you want. As you've discovered, the 24x36 image doesn't fit well on most paper unless you do as mentioned above, crop or use an off-center image or make test strips first though I find this to be a pain.

There is sometimes unwanted empty space or objects on one side of the frame that lets me print to a full or near-full 8x10 but the rest of the time I just plan on matting it as I want. However this presumes you are cutting your own mats, otherwise you'll need to shoot and print "to order" as mentioned above.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    Hi Jaime,

One of the thing I do is to print the full negative frame with some white space at the bottom. This gives you a spot to title it and sign it.

The other thing is printing the sprocket holes to fill some space.

See the examples.
    Hi Mark, yeah I am thinking about getting a cutter machine for $40 and start making my own mats, but will see, I really like the 8x10 size.

Cheers!
    Jaime.
    "Art is a lie that enables us to tell the truth" -Picasso
    http://www.jaimebermudez.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimeb82 View Post
    Hi Mark, yeah I am thinking about getting a cutter machine for $40 and start making my own mats, but will see, I really like the 8x10 size.

Cheers!
    Jaime.
    Most framing shops will cut mats specially, that's what I have done.

Going forward crop lines on the focusing screen can help, some cameras already have the crop lines but they can also be added by a repair shop.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi, is this of some use to you: http://kenschuster.com/matboardcalc/
    Have you seen the light..?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi, is this of some use to you: http://kenschuster.com/matboardcalc/
    Have you seen the light..?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin