Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,246   Online: 1069

Shooter
    Multi Format

Pelland Contact Printing Frames 9x12

You asked for larger frames. Well, here are some nice ones for my 8x10 friends. They have room for paper up to almost 9x12. I made a few design improvements too. Please have a look. Enjoy! Suggestions always welcome. Thanks - Dan P

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Dan ... glad to see you're back! I have one of your 8 x 10 frames and it is excellent!! Looking forward to an 11x14 frame when it's available.

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Olson View Post
    Dan ... glad to see you're back! I have one of your 8 x 10 frames and it is excellent!! Looking forward to an 11x14 frame when it's available.

Rick
    Thanks Rick. I'll be starting some 11x14s next week. Probably be January before they're ready.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Pelland View Post
    ...Please have a look...
    Dan, the top photo at that link looks like you've chamfered the front outer edges. Is that an illusion resulting from grain in the cherry or did you really add another step to the construction? If it's real, will you be chamfering the back outer edges too? I'd love to see those details added.

Have one of your 11x14 frames and find it well made. Glad you've included edge-smoothed non-glare glass with the new ones; great idea!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Dan, the top photo at that link looks like you've chamfered the front outer edges. Is that an illusion resulting from grain in the cherry or did you really add another step to the construction? If it's real, will you be chamfering the back outer edges too? I'd love to see those details added.

Have one of your 11x14 frames and find it well made. Glad you've included edge-smoothed non-glare glass with the new ones; great idea!
    Hi Sal - Good to hear from you. I didn't cut a chamfer, just eased the edges a little when I was sanding. I wanted to show the corner joinery in that shot, and caught a highlight along the outside edge. I do try to give great attention to the little details. I've been told to streamline the process and spend less time building, but somehow more of those details get added. Building these frames is to me like making a great print is to you - just something we love to do. BTW, if you (or anyone) would like some non-glare glass cut for your frame, I'd be happy to oblige.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin