Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,496   Online: 776

Shooter
    Medium Format

how i've been doing my contact printing..ipad + iphone

So i wanted a rough way to see which shots i should enlarge or at least take a better look at... so I've been using my ipad as a light source and the iphone camera to take a look at it... now it isn't a very sharp way or high quality way but it gives me a rough idea... and it doesn't waste paper or time...

here's an example

photo by Heespharm, on Flickr

I guess another good step would be to place a piece of glass on top to get rid of the film curl that would make the frames on the sides less blurry

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Brilliant idea, and just what I need right now! Thanks for sharing it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    That's a brilliant idea indeed..and it save the scanning time just to see which ones are worth printing. I have the glass plates from betterscanning.com, so they should be perfect for this. Thanks for sharing! Is there anything that the iPhone/iPad can't do? Viva Apple!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Cool beans! Doin' it. Beats a piece of crap, dark noise scanner.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to do this with my phone and a light table, and it is really handy when you're on the go, but I quickly got frustrated not having contact sheets on file when I wanted to go back through my negatives later.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Save the jpgs and date your archival sheets... That way you can just search by date

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What app do you use to invert the negative? Do you still process the jpeg on the pc?
    “I drank what?” - Socrates

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Photogene... Just drag the left bar in the levels adjustment all the way right and the right bar all the Way left

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I do this with my crappy cell phone and a light table.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Holy thread revival! Lol

I also do this with a light box and an iPhone that's jailbroken with the invert colors sbsettings toggle. Very quick and easy to scan over negs. Not using a lightbox and just a LCD screen like an iPad you see the pixels. A opaque white plastic can solve that. You can also press a loupe to the camera to get magnified views.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin