Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,452   Posts: 1,570,225   Online: 1126

Shooter
    8x10 Format

help with Bergger BPFP18 for albumen negatives

Hello,
    I've just bought 10 meter of the Bergger BPFB 18 in order to enlarge copies of negative for albumen print.
    I'm trying to make very contrasty negative, i've tried already several formulas of developpers like the Agfa 22 suposly to be contrasty, but the result are still too flat for me.
    I don't want to buy developers as i had already lost lot of time getting use to some commercial product that have suddenly desapear, i need formulas.
    I know i have to do a lot of testing, what i'm doing so far, but i'm getting lost, until now the enlarged neg i obtein are more flat that my original...
    i know this film is not a contrasty one, but there must be a way to make it blow up !
    Does anyone doing alternative process is using the same film with excellent result ?
    Thanks a lot to share your experience

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have used paper developers, like Dektol, full strength to achieve strong contrast. I have no experience with that film. But here is a classic strong contrast developer formula. Use straight for most contrast.

Kodak D-19
    Water 750 ml
    Metol 2.0 g
    Sodium sulfite 90.0 g
    Hydroquinone 8.0 g
    Sodium carbonate
    monohydrate 52.5 g
    potasium bromide 5.0 g
    water to make 1.0 Liter

Use it full strength. Try 6 min, 68º as a starting point. To reduce contrast, try at 1:1 with more exposure.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    There's no need to ask the same question in different forums. They're all frequented by the same people. Just pick one and stick with it.
    I've already replied in the other one.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin