Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,719   Online: 801

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    HEPA filter and bunny suit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I hate spotting

Quote Originally Posted by paulie View Post
    practice at spotting prints, and use correct print viewing distance ;0)
    As your mom said..Don't spot your prints too much because can make you blind

I prefer to clean that spot.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I'm moving to a new house and I'm going to attack this problem holistically (sp?). I really hate dust. I think if you don't want dust on your contact print you should focus on keeping it out of your house first. That means, making sure you have a clean furnace filter, keeping your house at the proper humidity, getting your ducts very clean on a regular basis. Keeping your house vacuumed and dusted regularly. And keeping an air clener/purifier running locally in your darkroom. Then, running through your darkroom with a slightly damp rag prior to your session and finally keeping an anti-static brush (I use the same kind to clean my records) and a can of compressed air handy should do the trick.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Do you make house calls?

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    HEPA filter and bunny suit.
    And a class-10 laminar airflow cleanroom!

~Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pawlowski6132 View Post
    I'm moving to a new house...That means, making sure you have a clean furnace filter, keeping your house at the proper humidity, getting your ducts very clean on a regular basis...
    I you really hated dust, you'd ensure that the new house had hydronic radiant heat instead of a furnasty. No ducts, no moving air currents from baseboard convectors, no dust.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I am with Rick: the smallest HEPA air cleaner that I could find for my small darkroom, leave it running 24/7. Always keep the darkroom door closed. An anti-static brush and a small air compressor set a very low pressure to move any specks of dust that might still be around. I almost never have to spot prints.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin