Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,345   Online: 978

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I too have found that Foma 100 is best used at EI 50, and using Rodinal you may wish to start using 1+50 dilution to make sure you get sufficiently long developing times. That would actually help your shadow detail as well, whether they are contact printed or projected.

- Thomas
    Indeed, Fomapan 100: A week ago I was shooting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kehlsteinhaus on top of the mountain. Light was sunny 16 and with K2 I was shooting 1/250 @f/8, developed with Rodinal 1+50 for 15 mins with 3 inversions @ every 5th minute. I can print without a filter on a VC paper + dodging.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post
    Indeed, Fomapan 100: A week ago I was shooting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kehlsteinhaus on top of the mountain. Light was sunny 16 and with K2 I was shooting 1/250 @f/8, developed with Rodinal 1+50 for 15 mins with 3 inversions @ every 5th minute. I can print without a filter on a VC paper + dodging.
    The EI50 rating of Fomapan only refers to the cut sheet film (4x5", 8x10" etc..). I have found that the roll version of this film is very sensitive to over exposure. Try exposing at box speed (ISO100), and cutting back agitation at the same time increasing dev time. I agitate for the first 30 seconds and only one inversion per minute. Dev time at 1+49 dilution @20degC would be 10.75 minutes (10'45"). This works VERY well for me. Much better grain structure than heavy agitation.

Good Luck,
    Chris Maness

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kq6up View Post
    The EI50 rating of Fomapan only refers to the cut sheet film (4x5", 8x10" etc..). I have found that the roll version of this film is very sensitive to over exposure. Try exposing at box speed (ISO100), and cutting back agitation at the same time increasing dev time. I agitate for the first 30 seconds and only one inversion per minute. Dev time at 1+49 dilution @20degC would be 10.75 minutes (10'45"). This works VERY well for me. Much better grain structure than heavy agitation.

Good Luck,
    Chris Maness
    There is a correction in my previous post. I will go with Thomas regarding the shadow details since my agitation scheme is based on

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum216/...-negative.html

...but, I was shooting at box speed with correction factor for K2(Yellow Filter) applied. So the EI was @50.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin