Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,567   Online: 888

Thread: Light Hanger

Shooter
    Multi Format

Light Hanger

Hey folks. I'm getting myself setup to do some 8x10 contact prints on Azo and I've got a question about the light source...

What are you all hanging the sockets your R40 bulbs are in from? Are you just setting the height once when you first set things up or do you have some type of retractable cord setup so you can vary it?

Thanks,
    Dean

Shooter
    Large Format
    I made mine by bending a piece of 1/2 EMT and attaching a porcelain lamp socket to the end. It is at a fixed height from the printing frame.

Images
    I'm setting it up when I print. I just put a hook in the ceiling and drape the cord over it. I put a piece of tape to mark where the heighth of the lamp should be. Simple as a microwave dinner.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Mine's in a utility light fixture clamped to a beam over my work table. To change the distance I simply add to or subtract from a stack of books under the printing frame. Simple, and nothing dangling down when I'm using the table for other things.

Images
    I use a utility light socket clamped onto the negative stage of my D2 enlarger with a spring clamp. Waaaayyyy low tech.
    hi!

Max

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I use the Jeanne technique.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the responses folks. Low tech it shall be. :-)

Dean

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin