Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,127   Online: 1091

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Max
    How do you control the exposure? Aren't the times really short?

(I was lumping POP into the general "alt" category...)
    I assume you are talking about the POP. If not disregard this post.

My shortest exposure has been 8 minutes at 6500 feet in direct sunlight. We have lots of UV here.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To control times w/o an enlarger Why not use an enlarging timer w/your bare bulb? Exposures could be as short as .1 sec. this could also be adjusted by distance from lamp to paper.

Images
    That is what I do. I find with my non technical approach that the warm up time for the lamop doesnt make a difference. I also use a 120 bulb instead of a 150 or 200, so my exposure times are longer.
    hi!

Max

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks for all the replies.

I'm personally not really all that interested in using enlarging papers (at least at the moment), but this kind of info is why APUG is such a great resource - if I had seen this info in my searching before I started using Azo last year, well... I probably would have still chosen Azo, but I would have been armed with more knowledge.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Max
    what can you use besides Azo?
    I've made some really nice contact prints on Bergger VCNB paper under the enlarger.

I've gone through a few boxes of Centennial POP from CAW. You can make beautiful prints with it, but you have to capture the image you want in the negative. There's absolutely no contrast control whatsoever. And of course dodging and burning become a problem with exposures of anywhere from 6 to 20 minutes. All in all I find it too much trouble to justify such a low 'keeper ratio'.
    Jim

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    [QUOTE=c6h6o3]I've made some really nice contact prints on Bergger VCNB paper under the enlarger.

I would be interested to know what developer you used for this paper. I have it in mind for something I want to do.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roy
    I would be interested to know what developer you used for this paper. I have it in mind for something I want to do.
    Sprint (faux Dektol)
    Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jdef
    From the CAW website:

"Increased contrast, of more than one printing grade, may be achieved by exposing for extremely long durations (24 hours or more) under fluorescent illumination."
    I guess their fluorescent lamp is more powerful than mine. I tried it. Still got mud. And besides, what do you do about a negative where you want to reduce contrast? (yes, I have some).
    Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin