Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,682   Posts: 1,548,519   Online: 865

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LODIMA silver chloride paper

The new run of LODIMA paper has been made. Based on the curves, the Dmax of both the grade 2 and the grade 3 will be identical and it is a higher Dmax than the Dmax from the first run.

The paper is now curing. Here is the schedule going forward.
    Boxes must be made. I was told that takes from 6 to 8 weeks.
    Cutting and boxing takes about 2 weeks
    Shipping to the USA takes about 3 weeks
    And we need to have a week to label and ship orders.

We had planned to take a trip in mid-February—heading to San Francisco for the Society for Photographic Education (SPE) Conference in late March where we will have a table for our Lodima Press books. This year we published a book of photographs by Nathan Lyons, the founder of SPE and this year is the 50th Anniversary of SPE. Nathan will be there to sign books. We will return home quickly after the SPE Conference as we want to attend the AIPAD "Photo Show" in New York, which takes place the last weekend in March ending on Sunday, April 1.

Unless the paper arrives at our place by mid-February it looks like we will be shipping paper at the end of the first week in April. If it arrives by mid-February, we will remain at home longer than we are planning and will get the paper out as soon as we can.

As of now we will only be stocking the following sizes: 8x10, 8x20, 16x20, 20x24.

If anyone wants any other size, please let us know immediately as we will need to revise the number of boxes we are ordering in each size. In addition to the sizes listed we hope to have 12x20 and 14x17, both in 100-sheet boxes.

And if you would like to increase your order at this time, you can do so now at the current price. On January 1st the new prices, which reflect the rise in the cost of paper and silver will be in effect.

Size Quantity Price for
    pre-production order Price as of January 1, 2012

8x10 25 sheets $59.95 $67.50
    8x10 100 sheets $174.95 $204.95
    8x10 250 sheets $399.95 $474.75
    9x11 100 sheets $219.95 $259.95
    10x12 100 sheets $259.95 $299.95
    11x14 100 sheets $335.95 $389.95
    8x20 100 sheets $349.95 $404.95
    16x20 50 sheets $349.95 $404.95
    20x24 50 sheets $519.95 $599.95

You can place your order online here:
    http://store.michaelandpaula.com/ind...roducts_id=115
    or give us a call at 610-847-2005. On our shopping cart, in the block where you can leave a comment, just write "Pre-Production Order." Please send a check if at all possible. The credit/debit card fees we are charged seriously cut into the amount we will have available to pay the manufacturer, to whom we still owe some money.

Please let us know if you have any comments or questions.

Michael A. Smith and Paula Chamlee

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Micheal I think for the first time I am going to order some of this paper, thank you for making it available.
    I have some enlarged negatives that I think will work well with this paper.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Smith View Post
    On our shopping cart, in the block where you can leave a comment, just write "Pre-Production Order." Please send a check if at all possible. The credit/debit card fees we are charged seriously cut into the amount we will have available to pay the manufacturer, to whom we still owe some money.
    Oh rats - Didn't read the above well enough and forgot to add the comment about "Pre-Production Order." when I ordered two boxes of 10x8...

Bob,

I believe the largest eventual market for this paper will be for those who are making enlarged digital negatives and who want to make contact prints. And that is why, for the first time, we will be stocking 16x20.

We welcome your order.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    Large Format
    Bob,

I believe the largest eventual market for this paper will be for those who are making enlarged digital negatives and who want to make contact prints. And that is why, for the first time, we will be stocking 16x20.

We welcome your order.

Michael A. Smith
    Very, very interesting. One of these days I'll have to check out this digital stuff....
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Michael

I agree , we finished a round of digital inkjet negatives to lith prints on silver paper with amazing results, I am preparing a portfolio of 50 images right now and have made one digital neg on ortho 25 via a lambda and have contact printed on the silver paper of choice and have beautiful results. One would not be able to pick out the digital print and I have done this on purpose to prove a point to myself and my client.

I am looking forward to trying lodima for the first time in the new year.

thanks

Bob
    Bob,

We welcome your order.

Michael A. Smith

Hi Bob: I would very much like to see some examples of the prints that you have made. A group of friends in Northern Florida, Maryland, and Mississippi are interested in learning more about the digital negative process. Is there a web site that you might direct me to?

Thanks.

Ed

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Michael, do yo have the amidol you were expecting for sale? I still haven't found a source for intl shipping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob: Do I understand correctly that you used this paper for Lith prints? If so, I would very much like to see some samples, as I too do a fair amount of Lith printing and always look out for other paper that could be used. How does the speed of this paper compare to other papers like Foma 132, for instance?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RPippin View Post
    Bob: Do I understand correctly that you used this paper for Lith prints? If so, I would very much like to see some samples, as I too do a fair amount of Lith printing and always look out for other paper that could be used. How does the speed of this paper compare to other papers like Foma 132, for instance?
    I'm obviously not Bob, but you might wish to PM Guillaume Zuili. He lith printed Lodima.
    I think Bob used a Foma paper for his digital neg class, but I'll let him clarify, since he'll be the one to know.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin