Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,749   Posts: 1,483,772   Online: 758

Shooter
    Medium Format

Ag Magazine - The End ?

Dear All,

With the passing this summer of its publisher, Chris Dickie, it now seems very likely that this is the end of the line for Ag Magazine. I have been trying for months to get hold of back issues (printed version) but without success. I thus wonder if anyone else was interested in back issues and/or if anyone knew of a way to get hold of back issues.

Also, does anyone know of any effort to keep this wonderful magazine going ?

Hapy New Year !

Cheers,

++
    jepoma

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nobody (still) interested in Ag Magazine ?

Gosh ...

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Yes,

I must admit to not having seen or heard of it - Not much gets down to the Southern Forest of WA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a subscription to Ag but I don't remember receiving the last tribute edition last summer.

Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    I had a subscription to Ag but I don't remember receiving the last tribute edition last summer.
    It's not out yet. Members of Chris Dikie's family are trying to get it together and publish it.

These people need support. Some kind words at info@ag-photo.co.uk will certainly help them through the rough times. The publisher of Ag certainly deserves this. So, on to your keyboards, guys !

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

AG Was Great because of Chris

I had the good fortune to publish an article in Ag in 2012 (Full Circle Apollo: Larry Fink Goes Digital at the Met) and Chris Dickie was one terrific guy to work with. AG was a very high-quality international journal because of Chris's careful attention to every detail and the breadth of his photographic knowledge. I haven't seen any publications that are filling the void left by AG, though I'm hopeful someone else out there has the dedication plus the depth of knowledge it will take to provide the quality of looking and reading that AG did.

If you have the opportunity to hunt down any issues, I think the search is worth it.
    Bill Lowenburg, author
    The Zorki Chronicles - a young photographer searches for his identity through the rangefinder of his vintage Zorki camera. Available September 2012.
    http://zorkichronicles.com
    Crash Burn Love: Demolition Derby (Back Street Books 2005)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin