Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,372   Online: 1060

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Clyde Butcher Visions of America Show in Venice California

I should have posted this earlier, but over the weekend Clyde Butcher Visions of America opened at The G2 Gallery in Venice California, www.theg2gallery.com. It's a wonderful showing of his work. For those interested in seeing mammoth silver gelatin prints this is an amazing show. Some of the prints are so large they feel like you are walking into them. The amount of detail in the prints truly is a sight to be seen in person. If you're not familiar with Clydes' work. He uses large format cameras, and prints very large using 8x10 enlargers and larger, www.clydebutcher.com. I highly suggest seeing the show. I've been waiting a long time to see his silver gelatin prints on the west coast and was not disappointed. Truly a great show.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw this show when it was in a gallery outside Chicago. Very nice. Prints looked better then other Butcher ones I've seen in the past. The gallery claimed these are all darkroom prints even the very large ones. The larger prints are impressive. So are the prices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I saw Clyde Butcher prints here in central Virgina sometime ago, they were great.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never been crazy about his work, but his darkroom is really something. He's got several seriously gigantic Salzman enlargers, and sinks and trays like swimming pools.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I agree... went to his presentation at the G2 Gallery last week... I thought the detail in the large prints was amazing. Some of the best I have seen. I second the opinion that it felt like you could step into the prints.

Must see if you are a fan of the dark (room) arts!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I may go check this out. I saw some of his huge inkjets last year at the annenburg space and I wasn't impressed with the quality. The guy at the desk tried to tell me they were inkjets because his darkroom prints were all one of a kind. really.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wildbill, you should see his darkroom to understand. When I lived in Florida I used to shoot the Everglades where he lived and had one of the few properties in the preserve. His print work is amazing and seeing some prints of his originals I saw just do not convey any emotion. Think of trying to get the quality of the Mona Lisa from an inkjet print.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I wasn't impressed with his inkjet prints either (couple of large inkjets downstairs) but his Gelatin Silver prints upstairs are worth seeing...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin