Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,491   Online: 1072

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Melbourne Silver Mine's 'Unsensored 11' book, now available through Blurb!

It's here http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/3021492 if you want to have a sticky beak... It's all of the photos from November's exhibition at the Collingwood Gallery. I'm ordering a copy because (a) I have a photo in it, on p.14!!! and (b) whilst we were standing around at the APUG get together in Noojee on Sunday, we were actually chatting about the whole Blurb books-on-demand thing, and I'm very curious to see what the print quality is like...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Large Format
    So, is the print quality good?
    I was thinking of using Blurb myself for a personal project.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm also interested to hear about what you think of the print quality as I too have a personal project I'm planning to do using Blurb.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Should be delivered by April 16th, so I'll let everyone know...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    I'm also interested to hear about what you think of the print quality...
    Please note that this comment is NOT about the book that's the subject of this thread, but rather about a different book from Blurb.

I recently purchased a hard-cover photo book from Blurb authored by a member on another forum.

I'm pleased with the overall quality and appearance. The photos are all b&w, and reproduced quite nicely.
    The binding is neat and secure. The dust jacket is heavy and quite professional in appearance.

Just one man's opinion, worth every cent you paid for it.

- Leigh
    Last edited by Leigh B; 03-29-2012 at 08:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just received both copies (one for me, one for mum of course!) in the mail:
    The binding quality is excellent - hardbook cover with laminated printed surface - looks just like any other book
    The text printing is nice and crisp, even at thin weights
    The photos are 'decent book quality' - not awesome gallery art book quality, and of course nothing like darkroom print quality - but my b&w pic had some difficult areas of shadow tone, and I was pleased to see the dot gain hadn't resulted in any loss of detail. It did seem for b&w pictures there was perhaps a very slight green cast, but nothing horrid (like bad chromagenic lab prints) - it was slight enough to only be noticeable to picky picky people :-)

Overall I'm really impressed - it looks like a real book!! - and so I'd use 'em...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin