Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,734   Online: 893

Shooter
    Medium Format

Ansel Adams Exhibit w/lecture by Michael Adams

Went to this Ansel Adams exhibit last night, which was complemented with a lecture by his son, Micheal Adams:

http://www.cedarhurst.org/index.php?...t01returnid=15

This was the third Adams exhibit that I've seen, and it was a great one, with 72 prints on display. They were all prints that he made for his daughter. I can't imagine any Adams exhibit being much better. The prints were well displayed and properly lit (another exhibit I saw was too dimly lit). The prints were in moderate sizes, without the huge prints I've seen in another exhibit (I find they start to lose something when printed huge).

Hearing Michael Adams speak, I felt like I was experiencing a bit of history. Very rewarding. The exhibit, in the small Illinois town of Mt. Vernon, is open til May 6th.

Dale

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks Dale for the write up and heads up, just mapquest'd it, 6 hours away, dont think I am going to make it! Dang!
    Andy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Andy,

Yes, six hour's drive would be a bit tough... it was only 90 minutes for me, coming from St. Louis. The drive back was suspenseful, as there were tornado warnings with lightning and driving rain in the darkness. My daughter was terrified in the back seat! We were happy to get back home, but it was all worth it for an impressive exhibit and talk by Mr. Adams.

Dale

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I want to see one on Uncle Earl!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It sounds wonderful. I would go if I possibly could!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin