Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,380   Online: 969

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Artomatic 2012 - Crystal City, Virginia

Artomatic 2012 opens this Friday, May 18 and runs through June 23. For those interested, Artomatic is a huge art happening - this year is the biggest one ever, with over 1700 2D and 3D artists occupying 11 floors and 380,000 square feet of exhibition space, alongside over 500 performances. The exhibit is open to the general public, Wednesdays through Sundays. There will be over one hundred photographers showing their work - I'm showing mine on the 11th floor, in space 283. There will be multiple opportunities to meet the artists - Opening Night (May 18), Meet the Artists Night (June 2) being prime examples - for a full schedule check out the Artomatic website - http://www.artomatic.org

I'm showing my color night work from here in Washington DC. Examples are on my website, www.theflyingcamera.com in the Travel section.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What a huge event! Wish I could attend. Best of luck with your sales.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!
    For all practical purposes, they've taken Kodak away.

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah - this is the biggest Artomatic ever, and this also marks the 10th anniversary of the original Artomatic. This will be the 7th(?) one. I've exhibited at the last five (if you count this one), and attended the first two as a visitor/patron (didn't buy anything). They've been in some strange, cool, and just plain incongruous spaces (mostly office buildings - some old and ready for renovation, some brand spanking new and not even built out yet, and then there were the former Manhattan Laundromat (thus the Artomatic name), the old Hechinger's hardware store, and the Children's Museum building (which was built in the late 19th century as a Catholic hospital and orphanage IIRC)). The work on exhibit runs the range from "that belongs in a museum" (I think at the 2nd Artomatic, they actually had someone get picked to go to the Whitney Biennial) to "I wouldn't dignify that with using it as toilet paper" and everything in-between. It's all media - photography, painting, wood, ceramics, bronze, glass, steel, collage, assemblage, 'found' art, 'conceptual' art, music, poetry, theater, dance, film, digital/virtual. The artists range from tweens/teens and their parents to senior citizens in their 80s and 90s. Truly something for everyone.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin