Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,873   Posts: 1,583,548   Online: 884

Shooter
    4x5 Format

“Making KODAK Film” Errata

My thanks to the APUGers that have bought copies of my book.

“Making KODAK Film” Errata
    May 22, 2012
    Copies of the book are available for sale from me but the book is out-of-print. I have no plans for printing more copies. Books have been purchased by individuals and prestigious institutions in over thirty counties so my goal of documenting the film manufacturing process for posterity has been accomplished.

I apologize for the four typographical errors in the book. I am happy to report that no errors regarding the information in the book have been reported to me.

The corrections that are underlined or described below address all the errors that I am aware of:

Page 9, Figure 4.
    “Fast Cyan (Red Sensitive)
    Mid Cyan
    Slow Cyan”

Page 46, Figure 81. Should be: “2. Coater #1.”

Page 89, Appendix A:
    “EKTACHROME Duplicating Film
    EKTACHROME 100G”
    The films should be on separate lines.

Page 90, Figure 159. 3rd line from bottom.
    Should be: “3xxx 16mm” Omit the 4th x.

Respectfully,

Robert L. Shanebrook

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the corrections, Robert.

The book is everything a film fanatic could dream of. I have read Grant Haist's MPP, and having your book is like having the unlikely "movie" version of a seminal, un-adaptable novel!
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you to whoever the careful readers are that generated the content for the errata.

Bob, your book is great. I am so pleased to have bought it.

My copy has been read thought in a breezy manner once, and certian sections have been read again in more detail. I am sure I will be back to it again many times in coming years.

It is really a great publication. It pulls the curtain back to compliment so many great Kodak technical books that were written 'in front of the curtain'.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin