Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,702   Online: 1141

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

First Solo Exhibition (Toronto, ON)

The title might make it seem way better than it actually is, but I'd like to invite APUGers in the GTA to come out and check out my first solo exhibition at the Hang Man Gallery at 756 Queen St. East in Toronto. It's in the Salon Gallery, which is the smaller one of the two, but I'm still stoked to have a show in downtown Toronto. The body of work is a series I did called Music Under New York, in which I followed 9 subway musicians around for 1 day each in the New York City subway system. I did it as a "day in the life" journey from beginning (often in their home) to end. It runs from August 7-26.

You can view the series on my website at www.jordanstarrphotography.com. I will be showing 12 prints that range from 11x14 to 20x24. It was all shot with film and printed on Ilford fiber-based paper. I'm hoping to have an opening reception on the 7th with some free wine, but I won't make any promises just yet and will re-post on this thread when I have all the details.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congrats! Sounds like a very interesting project.

Michael

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Unbelievable-- I am away from the 7 till the 15th of August... Jordon will you be present at the gallery later in the month, if so I would like to meet you and see your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    congratulations jordan !

i wish i lived nearby ... it sounds like a great show!

john
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob...

Not sure if I'll be around as I live about 100km outside the city, but I might be able to. Always looking for excuses to go to Toronto. I might be working in Markham at that time too, so it's just a short distance after work if you want to meet up and shoot the shit.

Also, what might interest you more is that I'm in booth #162 at the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition in Nathan Phillips Square this weekend. I will have a combination of MUNY photos along with some other bodies of work and portfolio pieces of various sizes. I think it would interest you more to see a wider variety of prints in a bunch of different contexts. As a Master Printer, I would assume this might interest you more and if you're around the city, it's pretty central. It's supposed to be a hot one though.

I hope I get to meet ya there. I wanted to show up to your show in the Distillery district, but I was called into work that weekend at the shelter, so I couldn't let them down.

...Jordan
    www.jordanstarrphotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin