Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,190   Online: 860

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Durango and Silverton Exhibit

I am pleased to announce a major exhibit of a project that has been in the making for seven years.

My photographs of The Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad will premier at The Open Shutter Gallery in historic downtown Durango Colorado, on July 27th. The opening reception will be from 5-8pm. The show will run through September 19th, and will feature approximately 50 black-and-white images.

The work will show a behind-the-scenes view of a working, steam railroad. Being so closely involved with the railroad has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. I hope the feeling and passion that I have for the railroad will come through in this exhibit.

The Open Shutter Gallery is located at: 735 Main Avenue, Durango, Colorado. The gallery can be contacted at: www.openshuttergallery.com, and at 970 382 8355.
    The Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad can be contacted at: www.durangotrain.com, and at 970 247 2733.

Brian Killigrew
    www.briankilligrew.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Good luck with the show. My father in law Al Paterson photographed Steam Engines for over 30 years and has an amazing collection.
    He concentrated on South Western Ontario as well as Toronto.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank you, Bob. Steam engines are like living things--you can feel their power even at a distance. But to be close to them is amazing. I have seen some of your father-in- laws work--very nice.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Awesome! I just happen to have a vacation planned for the area the last week of your show. I definitely plan on stopping by!

Good luck with your show!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    If you are interested in showing this work beyond the current show... google Steamwhistle Brewery in Toronto.. The brewery is located in the old Toronto Roundhouse and does have a rather large exhibit area where local artists show work. I think its a no brainer that they would be interested in your work... If you get the gig ,give me an email and our company will promote it with our client base for you.
    bob@elevatordigital.ca

regards

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by chesswiz1 View Post
    Thank you, Bob. Steam engines are like living things--you can feel their power even at a distance. But to be close to them is amazing. I have seen some of your father-in- laws work--very nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was just there!! Sorry I missed it. I did get great photos from the train - and a few in silverton. We stayed the night at the Teller...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    If you are interested in showing this work beyond the current show... google Steamwhistle Brewery in Toronto.. The brewery is located in the old Toronto Roundhouse and does have a rather large exhibit area where local artists show work. I think its a no brainer that they would be interested in your work... If you get the gig ,give me an email and our company will promote it with our client base for you.
    bob@elevatordigital.ca

regards

Bob
    Thanks for the info! I will keep it in mind. This is such a great forum, I very much enjoy the feedback and sharing photography ideas.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Poster Signing

If any of my friends at APUG happen to be in the Durango area, I will be having a poster signing event at The Open Shutter Gallery on Friday August 31, from 5-8pm. The Durango Herald has also been kind enough to interview me about the exhibit and the article will appear in Friday's Durango herald.

Hope to see you there!

Brian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations on your project and exhibit. Wish that I could attend. I really love that part of the country and riding the Durango/Silverton is one of my fondest memories for a really neat family vacation.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Fine looking images online! What a great project, you captured the essence of the steam world perfectly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin