Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,691   Posts: 1,482,382   Online: 738

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by naaldvoerder
    The US version, is that a good magazine???
    Amazing! As it was explained to me the UK Black and White Photography which I get every month is for photographers, the US Black and White is for collectors and photographers. Both have stunning pictures but the US version has a lot more looking at the one in front of me. I am feeling very inspired just looking at it.

I'd rate Black and White Photography the best UK magazine and Black and White the best US magazine I've seen.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Tony,

The US one does have some stunning images (along with some less stunning ones, it has to be said) but so does the UK mag. Plus this month's UK mag has a comparison of RODINAL with PMK-pyro and Precsysol.

The chap doing the comparison seems quite knowledgeable. Some bloke called "McLean"...?!

All the best,

Frank

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    Tony,

The US one does have some stunning images (along with some less stunning ones, it has to be said) but so does the UK mag. Plus this month's UK mag has a comparison of RODINAL with PMK-pyro and Precsysol.

The chap doing the comparison seems quite knowledgeable. Some bloke called "McLean"...?!

All the best,

Frank
    Hi Frank mmmm some guy called McLean doing an article on Rodinal eh? Must be a nice guy and he certainly has good taste by the sound of it LOL I looked for the mag today but still no show yet, I'll give it another go tomorrow

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    I looked for the mag today but still no show yet, I'll give it another go tomorrow
    Hi Tony,

Top tip - subscribe, then look on your doormat once a month!

ATB,

Frank

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    Hi Tony,
    Top tip - subscribe, then look on your doormat once a month!
    ATB,
    Frank
    Frank looks like a subscription is going to be on my Christmas list this year.

I think I'll also see if the local newsagent can get me the US version as well. I know it's being greedy but then I'll have the best of both worlds

What is the Issue number that Cheryl is in? I received the October in the mail but don't remember receiving November's. What pic is on the cover of the November issue?

Roger Bird
    Burlington, Ontario
    Roger Bird
    Burlington, Ontario
    Canada
    http://home.cogeco.ca/~rogerpbird

Images
    Good Evening, Roger,

The November issue of Black & White has a cover photo of a Haitian girl wearing a tee shirt reading "Boys Lie."

Konical

In that case, I better contact the publisher because I didn't received it.

Thanks
    Roger
    Roger Bird
    Burlington, Ontario
    Canada
    http://home.cogeco.ca/~rogerpbird

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by naaldvoerder
    Congratulations to both of you, Cheryl and Ailsa, one for making stunning pictures and one for publishing them in a great read! My copy arrived this morning in Holland

Thank you both!!!
    Mine arrived too in Holland. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Congratulations to Cheryl and thanks again to Ailsa for making such a great magazine.

Anne Marieke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is it the december isue ? Is it ahead of schedule ? it wasn't supposed to come before 9th of december. Well anyway, congratulations to both and especially thanks to Ailsa for making a magazine of continuous good quality since the first issue. When will they become available as annual hardbacks :┤)
    Hmmm did I hear someone say something about Rodinal ? Naa can't be
    S°ren

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin