Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,548   Posts: 1,573,027   Online: 848

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bob and Laura Carnie at the VPC

I am posting this here as well as in the New England Region section:

The Valley Photo Center (VPC) in Springfield, MA is pleased to announce an exhibit of the photography of Bob and Laura Carnie (yes the infamous Mr Carnie!!). The exhibit will run from Oct. 16 through Nov 24, 2012. Gallery hours are from 11:00 am - 2:00 pm Tuesday through Friday, and Saturdays by special arrangement (by sending me a PM). The Tower Square complex is closed on Sundays.

An artists' reception is scheduled for Sat Oct 20 from 12:00 - 3:00.

The VPC is located on the mezzanine level (2nd floor) of Tower Square at 1500 Main Street, Springfield, MA. Street parking is free on weekends.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    Good luck!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Laura and I always have a great time when we visit Gene's area. We are looking forward to meeting new friends and connections.

Most of the work in the show will be silver gelatin, warning there may be some digital ouput to silver paper and ink to paper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails laura paterson.jpg   bob carnie.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bump! :-)
    gene LaFord

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hey Bob! Good to hear you and Laura are showing at VPC.
    Good Luck
    Sam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bump
    gene LaFord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK... about a week and a half until Bob and Laura's exhibit at the Valley Photo Center in Springfield, MA.
    The dates of the show are Oct 16th trough Nov 24. The reception for the artists is Sat Oct 20th from about noon 'til four pm (I will be there almost all day). Regular gallery hours are Tuesday through Friday 11:00 am - 2:00 pm... I know, not convenient for most. I will be available to open the gallery on Saturdays during the run of the show if needed. All I ask is that you contact me before hand via PM. The Tower Square complex is closed on Sundays and is a real pain to open the gallery unless a big crowd is willing to all meet at the same time.
    The VPC is located on the second floor mezzanine of Tower Square, 1500 Main St, Springfield, MA. Parking on the street is free on the weekend.

For all of you within a two hour drive (or so) of Springfield this is a great chance to meet Bob and Laura and see there work. Bob is quite well known on this and other forums. And it would be great to meet other APUGers that I haven't met yet.

gene
    gene LaFord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you weren't out shooting masterpieces Saturday you should have been at the Valley Photo Center in Springfield enjoying some with Bob and Laura Carnie. This is outstanding work. Each of them have exceptional vision and technique and it all comes together in this exhibit.

Lauras' Lambda printed infrared images are just what you imagine infrared imaging could be. They are jaw dropping.

And Bob's "Alchemy of Light" represents years of methodical finessing of light and chemistry that is only learned by doing. There are no books written that approach his handling of paper, light and chemistry.

This is an exhibit that is well worth visiting if only to see what can be done with photography. If you can't make it to Springfield the exhibit will be on display in Calgary and then moving west. Catch it in a city near you.

This is a first class exhibit and Gene LaFord and crew should be congratulated for bringing it off.

My only regret is that I didn't snap a picture of the group, how dumb of me. I'm sorry for that. It didn't dawn on me until I was halfway home.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bruce - it was great meeting you... and thanks for making the trip up to Springfield from Brooklyn!!
    gene LaFord

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin