Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,292   Online: 1163

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming show

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Upcoming show

Hello All,

I've posted below the media announcement for our upcoming show this fall in New York. Hopefully by posting this early enough those of you that live nearby and have an interest can possibly pencil in November 8th and make the opening. I plan on being there and would enjoy meeting all of those that can make it. It's the Masterplaters second show together and we are of course excited as it promises to be a well attended event.

best,

Monty

www.masterplaters.com

http://vimeo.com/29686176

Announcing Two Upcoming Exhibitions
    The 8th Annual National Alternative Process Competition and
    Masterplaters: Pictures from the Distant Present
    Exhibition dates: November 7 – December 1, 2012 Opening Reception*: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 6 to 8 pm Contact: Maria Burns at sohophotoaltprocomp@gmail.com
    The Competition
    New York, NY – Soho Photo Gallery is pleased to announce the 8th National Alternative Process Competition juried by Elisabeth Biondi. Now a highly regarded independent curator, Ms. Biondi broke new ground in the magazine world by establishing photography’s place in The New Yorker as Visuals Editor. She has curated shows at the Steven Kasher Gallery, Howard Greenberg Gallery, NYPHOTO 2011 and the South Street Seaport Museum.
    Soho Photo initiated the National Alternative Process Competition in 2005 to recognize photographers who create one-of-a-kind, handmade images using photographic processes from the 19th century. These include Albumen printing, Cyanotype printing, Van Dyke Brown and Platinum/Palladium printmaking. The call for entries is available at www.sohophoto.com
    Masterplaters: Pictures from the Distant Present
    During November, Soho Photo Gallery will also feature a guest exhibition by the Masterplaters, a collective of five photographers who show contemporary imagery they make by using the wet-plate collodion process invented in 1851.
    These photographers are from vastly different parts of the country, photographic traditions, aesthetics and education. Their common ground is found in the technique they use to interpret modern questions of place and identity in a search for meaning -- one unique image at a time. Information about each artist and this exhibit is available at: www.masterplaters.com
    *Note revised reception date.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Sounds fantastic Monty .. worth the trip to New York if we can.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Congrats, my friend. The work looks fantastic.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, I'm going to try to get down to NYC for that, congrats!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Monty:

Are these the same images that were in the show up here or is there a lot of new work in this exhibition?
    Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jim,

I know at least two of us, (that includes myself) are presenting new work. I'm not sure of Kym and Steve, although I will gladly check. Of course Prifti's work will be similar if not the exact, for sadly obvious reasons. Since you are making an effort from a distance if you were to come, I should mention that the space Melitte and I have chosen to take are smaller walls (If you remember I had enormous 20 x 24's up last time and got the lion's share of wall space and I want others to have a bigger piece of the pie this time around). I will have one or two new 20 x 24's up and then four or five new 10 x 12's up to show this time around so it won't be quite as huge as the last show, for me personally but the group in total has a great space to show so it is quite exciting. Melitte has new work as well to present. I'll check with the others and re post when I hear back. Thanks as always for your interest.

Monty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations on what I am sure will be wonderful show.
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I realize that circumstances are very difficult in New York right now for many but I wanted to take the time to bump this thread and say I hope to see many of you that live in the region this Thursday night from 6-8 pm at SoHo Photo. It would be great to commune with the photographic community. Hopefully the work could provide a momentary break from the reality of the recovery process many are enduring.

best,

Monty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Went to see Monty's work at SoHo Photo last night... his plates, as well as the other Master Platers were the best in the exhibit!! If you are in NYC, stop by and see some excellent wet plates by Monty and the group.

As usual, Monty was under dressed for the event!

PS. I am so glad they included the work of the late David Prifti, he was such a gifted photographer and wonderful person.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wish I could have gone down, thanks for the quick review, Gene!! Any installation pictures to share??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin