Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,439   Online: 690

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YOUR PHOTOKINA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I agree that er wasn't much to see for analog film users. I thought the lomographic booth was nice though. They even had a film developing (in coffee) session. I don't think I will ever buy on of their camera but I liked the positive admosphere. I also liked the large format camera's from Shenhao.

It was nice to see the Harman pinhole camera in real life, but I think I will stick to building my own from cans for now. They also had direct positive paper on a new experimental base much like the base of Ilfochrome. Sussana Kraus from Imago 1 1 (http://www.imago1to1.com, they use it for their 1:1 camera) told me that the base was probably to expensive to put in production. She did have some test material.

It was a pity, that all the 'analog' booths where so far apart. It would have been better if all the analog stuff had been concentrated around the lomo booth for example.

I missed the booth of Film Rescue International http://www.filmrescue.com/ and there European partner Frank Bruinsma of www.super8.nl because I didn't know it was there and because it was in a totally different hall then the rest.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, my 'Is film dead?' article appears in tomorrows (Thursdays) Day 3 Show Daily paper at http://www.showdailys.com/events/default.asp?id=36

It was edited by the folks in Koln to shorten it by making some cuts and a little rewriting - sigh ... Some things ended up not sounding like my writing, but at least the idea gets across (I hope) and a reduced mention of APUG (with the URL) was still included.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice piece with only one mistake. (Unless I don't have the latest info) I thought that Fotokemika had ceased all production. Other then that great article.
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    allthingsanalogue.weebly.com
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    Have fun, I wish I could go!
    you can, starting with last tuesday, it's open to everyone!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    not found at the fair, but still...
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...mages-into-rea
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    Ralph
    If you read this before going to Photokina, could you do me a great favour and try to contact China Lucky? They will be on Hall 6 E023. If you could ask what films are they still producing, especially their B&W 400 ISO, I would appreciate that.
    http://www.luckyfilm.com/html/Master...715533721.html
    Many thanks!
    Hi - A few days ago after hearing about the Lucky color line ceasing, I emailed them using Google translate. They replied and said B/W will continue, which was confirmed by someone who can read Chinese...see:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1392779
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Andy!
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I visited Photokina right at the first day. The Leica booth was indeed very impressive. I´ve tried the S2 and it feels really great. Tough like a weapon and very ergonomically designed. The gallery was very interesting. Most pictures were digital, but there were also many made on film on display. I was rather disappointed that Hasselblad was mostly about the H-Series. I´ve tried the H4D and was not that impressed. Cheap plastics and rubber buttons, slow and inconvenient to use, did not balance very well in my hands. They had a 202FA with 80/2,8 CFE and a 501cm with 40/4 IF CFE too, but mostly to demonstrate their digital backs. The Zeiss booth was great too. I tried the new 135/2 and it feels great! Focusing is super smooth. Much better than with the 100/2 Macro Planar. They had a Hasselblad 503cw with 100/3,5 lens I was allowed to play around with. I had a long conversation about Hasselblad and the V-Series with one of the Zeiss employees, who was very kind. The Linhof booth was great too, albeit small. Very nice people! Also tried the Rolleiflex Hy6 and new Tele-Rollei at the Rollei booth, which was pretty small. I was happy to see Rollei at all! I was very disappointed that Gitzo was not present at Photokina this year however. With regard to film, there was indeed not much to see...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin