Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,701   Posts: 1,482,635   Online: 782

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recieved a few 100 sheet boxes of sxx because it was nolonger needed for colour sep work.

So the movement to digital has its up side.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Monophoto
    "Outdoor Photography" - an equipment-shilling rag that I throw away the same day it arrives in the mail.
    An equipment-shiling DIGITAL rag.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There is this greek published magazine that has very high quallity glossy thick pages book-like binding and a bit more than a hundred pages, has about five pages of ads per issue, concentrates on photographs only with a few lines of photographer's biography and costs seven euros per issue. The double edged sword is that it accepts images from any source and aesthetics so it can have anything from classic cliches to experimental garbage. It is published every two months and I always look forward to a copy in the newstand.
    The US, BW magazine has good photography and paper but its printing could be better especially since it is aimed at collectors and ends up costing 12 euros an issue.
    In other words, I don't think any magazine justifices higher prices than 10 euros/dollars unless is printed and valued as a book.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Big difference would be the cost of shipping to Europe. Same holds true the other way. We pay more than you do for a magazine that comes from Europe. It's the postage that kills the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    There is this greek published magazine that has very high quallity glossy thick pages book-like binding and a bit more than a hundred pages, has about five pages of ads per issue, concentrates on photographs only with a few lines of photographer's biography and costs seven euros per issue. The double edged sword is that it accepts images from any source and aesthetics so it can have anything from classic cliches to experimental garbage. It is published every two months and I always look forward to a copy in the newstand.
    The US, BW magazine has good photography and paper but its printing could be better especially since it is aimed at collectors and ends up costing 12 euros an issue.
    In other words, I don't think any magazine justifices higher prices than 10 euros/dollars unless is printed and valued as a book.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, the price difference of BW is a couple of dollars, it still costs about 11 dollars in the Us, doesn't it (don't have the mag next to me, so I can't comfirm that)?
    In any case, a magazine should have magazine prices. If it's priced as a book, it should be printed as one.
    There are two kinds of magazines for me: The ones to consume, for the articles and the news and the ones to keep as reference for the photos or complex techniques.
    For the second type I will pay more if it is made to be something I will keep refering to.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin