Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,801   Online: 1058

Shooter
    Multi Format

Pentti Sammallahti

Got his new book, "Here Far Away" yesterday. Man, I'm really angry that he is sooo good! The reproduction is superb, the photos stunning. Just wanted to share my enthusiasm. Apparently he's exhibiting in Santa Fe now. Wish I was there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    pm sent.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I once saw some of Pentti's photographs in Montreal and in several galleries in NY - his prints are fantastic ! Haven't seen any of his newer work...

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ooze View Post
    Got his new book, "Here Far Away" yesterday. Man, I'm really angry that he is sooo good! The reproduction is superb, the photos stunning. Just wanted to share my enthusiasm. Apparently he's exhibiting in Santa Fe now. Wish I was there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A couple of years back I had the privilege to walk with Mr. Sammallahti (and with lots of other enthusiasts) through his retrospective exhibition. I don't think he is no longer actively photographing but he continues to print from his negatives. He openly told us that when the day arrives when he doesn't have no more good negatives to print he'll burn them all just to make sure no one else will ever print from them.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin