Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,827   Posts: 1,582,080   Online: 909

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Does your wife work for the magazine? How does she have the February 2013 issue... Is she a time traveler?

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Clearly Stone, you don't read a lot of magazines in the decorating or home improvement genre. My wife does though, including several that she subscribes to.

The distribution system for magazines is very strange. Some magazines come to her or are purchased by her near the end of or after the month shown on their cover. Others arrive before that month.

Of six magazines at the top of her pile of relatively recent arrivals one has a cover date of February, 2013, another has a cover date of January/February 2013 and four have a cover date of January, 2013.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Central Camera in "Country Living"

Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Central is a gem and something I cherish! Anyone comes to the city be sure to check it out. Vivian Maier was a Central customer!
    There are a few things I find so sad about Vivian Maier, the first being the obvious that she never had received recognition for her beautiful imagery before her death, the second being if she never showed anyone, and kept things private, either she didn't want people to see because she was afraid of judgement, or she felt the work was personal and didn't want it seen, so now she can't stop others from seeing something she seemed to want to be private. The last is that, I would bet if she had approached the same people who promoted her work and bought images at auction, and tried to sell to them, they wouldn't even have talked to her, and only because they had "found/discovered" the work did they promote it for their own benefit... It all just makes me sad...

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Clearly Stone, you don't read a lot of magazines in the decorating or home improvement genre. My wife does though, including several that she subscribes to.

The distribution system for magazines is very strange. Some magazines come to her or are purchased by her near the end of or after the month shown on their cover. Others arrive before that month.

Of six magazines at the top of her pile of relatively recent arrivals one has a cover date of February, 2013, another has a cover date of January/February 2013 and four have a cover date of January, 2013.
    Crazy! Haha nope I just get my national geographic and that's it... Actually I get lots of actor magazines like Hollywood Reporter but I don't really look at them or subscribe, I'm just on the lists because I'm in SAG so I don't count those lol.

~Stone

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Central Camera (on the loop) is a great place to visit and spend $$. We need to support the few remaining camera stores.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    "...anachronistic supplies like lenses ..."

It seems optical technology passed me by, big time, and I didn't even notice.
    Oh yes, we all use pinholes and zone plates now. If you need a sharp image, you can just fix it in post.

Whenever work brings me to Chicago, I always know I can walk into Central Camera with my Technika over my shoulder and find a box of 4x5" Tri-X at the film counter.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't seen a shop like that in years. When is winter over in Chicago? I want to go, but not in winter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I haven't seen a shop like that in years. When is winter over in Chicago? I want to go, but not in winter.
    West coast sissy?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    When is winter over in Chicago?
    July ...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    West coast sissy?
    +1

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey... what can I say?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin