Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,506   Posts: 1,543,519   Online: 1021

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

"Resurgence" A group show in Camarillo California January 4th.

If you are in the L. A. area I am part of a group show. Stop in if you get a chance. Some amazing artist are on the bill.

Jim Fitzgerald, a photographic artist, camera builder and carbon transfer printer will give a talk on the art of carbon transfer printing at Studio Channel Islands Art Center in Camarillo on Thursday January 17, 2013 at 6 pm.

Jim is one of the few traditional photographers today working in the mid-1860’s process of carbon transfer printing. He uses hand built large and ultra-large format cameras to create one-of-a-kind 3-dimensional images.

Jim is one of only a handful of photographic artists today who specializes in and teaches this unique process. He will discuss not only his carbon work but the passion one must have to create a fine piece of photographic art regardless of the final presentation.

Jim’s Artist Talk comes in conjunction with an exhibit at the Studio Channel Islands Gallery titled “RESURGENCE”, which provides the rare opportunity to view traditional photography by five nationally and internationally renowned photographers in a joint exhibit, featuring Jim Fitzgerald, Stephen Schafer, John C. Lewis, Domenico Foschi and Luther Gerlach. The exhibit runs from January 3 through 25 with an opening reception on January 5, 4 – 6pm. The Director’s Gallery will showcase traditional print making by artists Gretel Compton and Bruce Freeman, and fine art wood sculpture by Jim Rinde.

Free admission and parking.

Studio Channel Islands Art Center in Old Town Camarillo is open regularly on Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Wednesday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The resident artists welcome the community to Open Studios on November 5, 10am to 3pm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    not in CA but sounds really cool. going to check out your website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would love to check it out if I live out that way.

Jeff

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone. Google the others in the show as well. Some impressive talent that I'm honored to be in the show with.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Just a quick reminder for anyone in the LA/Ventura county area that the show opening is tonight. Come by if you can. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim, you know I would if I didn't have pressing work here. Good luck and have a great time.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Had an amazing time at the opening. The work is some of the best I have seen in a long time. I'll get some images posted asap

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    A few images from the opening last night. I was in some very good company in this group show. Stephen Schafer, John C. Lewis, Domenico Foschi, Luther Gerlach and myself. Silver printers, with Luther presenting his Wet Plate work and my Carbon Transfer work. The work from the different artists was interspersed throughout the gallery and we had a great turn out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sciart opening 2.jpg   sciart opening 3.jpg   Sciart show images.jpg   sciart back wall.jpg   Sciart images 2.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin