Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,873   Online: 1067

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke
    The analog/digi portion of this thread is a complete yawn
    That's because the responses tend to be either "Great! Looking forward to the first issue." or "If it is mostly about inkjet printing, that isn't my particular interest but best of luck anyway."

Ho Hum

Not excactly a barn burner of an A vs. D bruhaha. Thankfully.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Actually, it was a yawn because as far as I could tell the mag is about neither analog or digital processes, in fact it's not really much about process in any way. But somehow people had to go looking for trouble, in a zealot-like manner reminiscent of a narrow comment I once heard about a prominent Japanese artist: that he was "interesting, for a non-Christian."

Some folks just can't seem to see beyond their own fence.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Images
    Kev is on fire today! Love It!
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But I have such a nice fence.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually, it was a yawn because as far as I could tell the mag is about neither analog or digital processes, in fact it's not really much about process in any way. But somehow people had to go looking for trouble, in a zealot-like manner reminiscent of a narrow comment I once heard about a prominent Japanese artist: that he was "interesting, for a non-Christian."

Some folks just can't seem to see beyond their own fence.
    He he.

Images
    But somehow people had to go looking for trouble, in a zealot-like manner reminiscent of a narrow comment I once heard about a prominent Japanese artist: that he was "interesting, for a non-Christian."
    Somebody posts an invitation to view a sample of a magazine called "Inked". A casual glance at the sample issue shows Photoshop screen captures illustrating digital techniques. It doesn't take a trouble-seeking zealot to notice that the magazine will be devoted, in some portion to digital process. Is it another Digital/Analog magazine or a Digital/Hybrid magazine"? Beats me, but my interest lies more in the analog direction.

I don't know if the publisher is Christian. Come to think of it, it never occurred to me to care.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Digital Negs

New Black and White Photography Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier
    All the best to you. I like what I see so far and hope to get my hands on a copy soonest.
    Hey, thanks. Sorry I haven't checked the forum in a bit, been so busy with everything to do with Inked. We're launching somewhere in between March 23rd and April 15, so keep your eyes out!

Shooter
    Digital Negs

One more thing...

I'd like to invite all of the subscribers to this group and site to sign up for a free newsletter from inkedmagazine.com. While I'm currently trying to start a sponsorship program for APUG.ORG, I don't want to break any forum rules by advertising Inked. Visit www.inkedmagazine.com/inked to sign up for our latest newsletter going out today.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Inkedmag

I perused through the website and the magazine might have potential. I think its better to take a wait and see attitude rather than burning down the barn. There are never enough good magazines about Photography. The good ones always seem to come and go. Of course we could chase this one away and we would still have 10,000 versions of Photoshop Photography Magazine! Now that's really interesting. How many of you actually subscribe to Photo-techniques or Lenswork? Someone here should set up a poll. I'd like to subscribe to the English B+W Mag. but can't afford it right now; and I need to subscribe to Lenswork although I've been buying it on and off the newstand.
    It's my feeling that if the winers stopped crying long enough to put their money where their mouth is than we might see better product out there.
    Regards Peter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin