Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,948   Online: 1021

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Digital Negs

New Black and White Photography Magazine

Hi, folks, wanted to take a quick stop by and introduce those of you who haven't gotten to know Inked Magazine. Inked is a new arts magazine, focusing mainly upon black and white photography and mainly geared to the collectors of the resurging fine art. Please do take a look at it, www.inkedmagazine.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    All the best to you. I like what I see so far and hope to get my hands on a copy soonest.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by inkedmagazine
    Hi, folks, wanted to take a quick stop by and introduce those of you who haven't gotten to know Inked Magazine. Inked is a new arts magazine, focusing mainly upon black and white photography and mainly geared to the collectors of the resurging fine art. Please do take a look at it, www.inkedmagazine.com
    Can you give us more information about "INKEDmagazine"?

Does it mean that it will be about prints produced by Epsons, Canons and other so called pseudo b&w printers and NOT baryteprints?

I think you start a very risky business.

Me, myself, I'm not interested Šnd will not buy the magazine.
    B&W 'is' fiber prints. The digital alternatives are fake.

Fred

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Fred, did you go to the site and read the first couple of pages? Sounds like the "Ink" in the name refers predominantly to how the magazine is printed, and not the type of photography they are hoping to promote. I throw all my best wishes their way.

Joe
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Best wishes with the new magazine, do you have any plans to publish in the UK?

Fred, before you make silly statements please have a look at the website to see what the magazine is all about.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noblebeast
    Fred, did you go to the site and read the first couple of pages? Sounds like the "Ink" in the name refers predominantly to how the magazine is printed, and not the type of photography they are hoping to promote. I throw all my best wishes their way.

Joe
    Joe,

I saw the 'over-photoshopped' images from Jeff Allu with the digital workflow.
    That was already a hint for me Šnd not my cup of tea.

The magazine will be like a Troyan Horse. :-)

Fred

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les McLean
    Best wishes with the new magazine, do you have any plans to publish in the UK?

Fred, before you make silly statements please have a look at the website to see what the magazine is all about.

Herewith the workflow of Jeff Alu
    http://animalu.com/pics/process.htm

No comments from my side anymore...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Looks like a great new mag. Good luck with it.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Images
    Good luck with the magazine. I just perused the online issue and I like the idea of unknown artists getting a chance. I also liked the option in the gallery of view film or digital. In the film Section, are the prints traditional as well, or would they be a mix of traditional and digital. If so would there be a distinction made about what is printed on what?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fred
    Herewith the workflow of Jeff Alu
    http://animalu.com/pics/process.htm

No comments from my side anymore...
    Seems to me Digital represents about 1/3 of the B/W photography being shown, sounds about right to me.

Good luck Inkedmagazine.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin