Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,839   Online: 996

Shooter
    Medium Format

Bill Brandt: Shadow and Light - two versions on Amazon?

Long been after a decent publication on Bill Brandt and this one looks promising. The Bill Jay book is a little out of my price range.

There are two versions of Shadow and Light available for pre-order on Amazon. One is £22, the other £28 - same page count, hardcover, but one has the author listed as Sarah Hermanson Meister and the other Sarah Hermanson Meister and Bill Brandt. Does anyone know what the difference is? Perhaps additional text by Brandt?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They both show as 208 pages so I'm sure they will be the same content, perhaps with different covers. The cheaper one is Thames and Hudson and the more expensive one by MOMA. I've seen that happen a few times with art books where a few publishers take different territories. I presume the T&H is intended for Europe and MOMA for USA hence the cheaper version in pounds. I recall a Koudelka book a few years ago that had about seven publishers for different parts of the world. Thanks for the tip - I also would like a decent Brandt book. Likewise I'm looking forward to the Winogrand book that will accompany the upcoming exhiibition in SF.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin