Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,152   Online: 877

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Great show in Andover MA

For those who don't see the Boston Globe, where a review of this show recently ran, I suggest you go here first, and then go see the show. It is well worth the drive. Better yet, it's free.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's on my calendar.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the tip Whitey, I just got back. It's a great show, combining as it does the views of several photographers looking at America. Aaron Siskind's Harlem prints are magnificent, as are all the others for that matter. I'd only seen the occasional print from Robert Frank's "The Americans" before, but today I could view the entire set! The impact of the whole is much greater than that of individual prints, both for this part and for the ensemble of exhibits. Kudos to the curators.

The lighting is not optimal, but one can avoid glare by moving around a bit. The biggest annoyances were the people who seemed unable to view the photos without using their mouths. Fortunately there are several galleries, so I could move out of earshot, and it's close enough that I can go again.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin