Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,521   Posts: 1,572,240   Online: 842

Shooter
    Medium Format

Question about American Prospects by Sternfeld

I've finally grabbed a copy of the ever expensive American Prospects by Joel Sternfeld - it very shortly went down in price on Amazon, by £15 - since a reissue is due. Today, I see it went back to the original price, but the new version isn't out until April?

A review on Conscientious Extended (dated January 2013) is of the 2012 edition, which has 160 pages. The issue I've just bought is apparently 2004, with 136 pages and now there is a new edition due out in April - 160 pages!? It looks like the book was particularly in vogue last year - I can only guess this has something to do with Alec Soth.

I'm not too bothered which version I receive, I'm just trying to understand why the 2012 edition is out of print, but the 2004 isn't? Is Amazon playing games?

Does anyone have either the 2004 or 2012 copies?
    'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Amazon tracks you and plays games with the prices. The more you appear to want something the higher the price is set.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin