Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,551   Posts: 1,573,120   Online: 754

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A magazine in the concept of Photoklassik can offer morsels out of the whole range of analogue photography on a silver tablet so to say. It
    can bring up themes hidden in some rare books. It also can present news, as well from the technical as from the art side.

In this the classic magazine concept has ist advantages.
    However,it has to face the internet as competitor. A competition non-existant in the days of those old magazines.

But a magazine still is that silver tablet, whereas the internet rather is a jungle.

Tarzan is tired now...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    "View Camera" is still with us, although it specializes in LF.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Did View Camera switch to film only? I wish. I was a happy subscriber back in those days.

Shooter
    Large Format
    [QUOTE=benjiboy;1518187]
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Ben, you evolved over time too. I don't assume you would learn much from those old issues either.[/QUOTE

Even the old analogue photo magazines got repetitive after reading them for around fifty years, the same articles came round over and over again
    Now really your feelings about repetition is like my daughters feelings about the long drive from Rocky's to Indiana. Look at all the cows.. I saw therm on the way out. But this is the other side... Dad! guess she didn't appreciate knowing it was the other side.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To be fair, books are repeating issues too. But with magazines being the same title and form it is more obvious.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post
    You may like Photoklassik, indeed fun to read.
    Is it just in German language ?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    View Camera and Lenswork are the two I still get. They are not strictly about the analogue process but they are about the image and I love reviewing those pictures. I could give a rats *** what they used to get there, I am interested in the ideas and inspiration. For the same reason the majority of books I buy are photo books; the pictures...but I was hooked on comic books as a kid so there is probably some of that going on as well.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    lenswork +1
    viewcamera .. sometimes they have postage issues, so if you subscribe and have late or skipped issues, call or email to get it straightened out ..

i used to viewcamera ( 2+ years), but stopped for a variety of personal reasons ..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    lenswork +1
    viewcamera .. sometimes they have postage issues, so if you subscribe and have late or skipped issues, call or email to get it straightened out ..

i used to viewcamera ( 2+ years), but stopped for a variety of personal reasons ..
    I have only been subscribing to view camera for a few years but there have been no dropped issues. As for late, that is situation normal in this house.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin