Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,717   Posts: 1,514,819   Online: 840

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Magazines

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Definitely Black and White Photography, plus if your into colour and / or landscapes then Outdoor Photography also.
    There was a UK magazine called 'Darkroom User' or something like that several years ago. Ctien was a guest columnist a lot. Anyone remember that mag?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not seen the US version Aggie, but the UK one was of course what I meant It also has reviews of areas to shoot in here in the UK which can be very useful. Also true John there is a lot of digital in it

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Make that the UK version of Outdoor Photography. The USA version is a waste of paper. It should be relabled Outdoor Photoshop.
    Yeah, sad. I was a charter subscriber and finally got just fed up with it a few months ago - now I refuse to buy it. FYI: not to be confused, the name is different; the US version is "Outdoor Photographer" and the UK version is "Outdoor Photography".
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format
    And of course there is the soon to be comming Emulsion magazine....at least that is what some disreputable people are saying...

OTOH some of us are hoping this is not going to be like that ULF camera another disreputable member of this forum promised me to develop and for which I have been waiting for a year, it seems he aprenticed with Wisner....(got that Jim?)...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Still awaiting the Sacred Jug Jorge? LOL

Shooter
    Large Format
    Nope, the sacred jugs got here courtesy of Mike....eat your heart out Tony..

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo
    Actually the irony of that mag is that many of the photos...and all but one of the photographs in their calendar....are made with film, often large format at that. Outdoor Photographer shills for the digital manufacturers more blatantly, and with less skill since their hypocrisy is so evident, than any other mag I can think of that isn't a strictly digital oriented publication. UGGHHH,..
    Their sister publication is "Photo Pro" - a digital rag - published by the same person; Rob Sheppard. In the current issue is an article about the future of the SLR, and they barely mention the Nikon F6.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jorge I have my own Rodinal lake, in the EU we have gone passed the stage of wine lakes and butter mountains

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just to pile on "Outdoor Photographer" (the USA publication), it was at one time the magazine that seemed to be the best hope for serious nature photography. It had great columnists (all of whom used film) and it had some insight that stimulated readers. As columnists either died or were dropped, it turned into another gear-rag that turns my stomach. Occasionally it present some outstanding porfolios (almost universally presented by film-using photographers) but seldom does it offer any insight or challenge except to the upgrading digital weenie. The bottom line on the mag seems to be that the bigger your budget, the better your pictures will be. I was a charter subscriber to this magazine and loved it for many years. I'm now so disappointed in it I never pass a chance to dis it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jorge I did the magazines first interview last week, of Henry Gilpin. It is coming, but the flu seemd to hit a key member on getting some web pages made. Once he is out of bed, literally, you will see new pages on the website. The banner adds here should be done soon also. The whole project is worse than being pregnant. At least I don't have to worry about a C-section to give the magazine birth.
    Non Digital Diva

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin