Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,452   Posts: 1,570,413   Online: 1134

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by irvd2x View Post
    Hey..great idea..but I would expand the list to any book that has been produced by members of this forum! I would love to see the works of other photographers in this site! Is it ok to ask people to make their work known on here?

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2
    What I'd like to see is a book review sticky thread - ok, maybe not quite reviews, but each post would include a few plates and the poster's thoughts. Mods, would you consider this if I got the ball rolling?
    'Cows are very fond of being photographed, and, unlike architecture, don't move.' - Oscar Wilde

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    Can we conclude then that she's an interesting personality first and a half decent photographer second?
    Gosh, don't tar me with that brush. I would align with hdeyong and say that we can conclude that she is a superb photographer. A lot of her stuff goes back 60 years. She was born almost a century ago! She is a contemporary of Arbus and Winogrand. Either she was a shameless copycat or she independently discovered what we might call the Rolleiflex school of brutal photography. Just one opinion - no claim as to gospel.

J
    PS: The blur is mine not hers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF4642.jpg  
    Last edited by jon koss; 12-04-2013 at 10:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin