Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,644   Online: 956

Thread: andy summers

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

andy summers

went to an opening tonight at the new Leica Gallery here in los angeles. Andy Summers; the guitarist from the police has been photographing for a long time. he has a show; book and gave a nice talk. it's worth seeing
    Best, Peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Didn't He and Stewart Copeland produce a book consisting of photos of their antics while touring? I seem to remember seeing it in the rare section of Powells books several years ago. Great material and a well presented book as well.

Still one of my favorite bands...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I vaguely recall hearing an interview with Stewart Copeland many years ago in which he talked about friction between the band members and, if I recall correctly, he used the example of Sting being upset because Andy had taken all of the eggs for some sort of photographic project.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Great guitarist and pretty good street photographer, see online gallery
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't see anything about his work I think is "good" in a photographic context, except the fact they were taken by Andy Summers the former Police guitarist, if Joe Bloggs had shot them they would be completely unremarkable.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I looked at that link, and have to admit they're not shots that I would exhibit. But then I'm not an ex guitarist of a famous defunct musical group, so he has a leeedle marketing edge on me. Different strokes for different folks. Hey, go w/ what you got! I've seen a LOT worse.

There's a gallery called the Leica Gallery? I better keep my big mouth shut. OK, I'll say it anyway. Wadda you expect?
    Last edited by momus; 12-15-2013 at 11:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin