Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,681   Online: 859

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BTW, do I need to send an write up as well?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It would not hurt to do so in the least. Leaves editors with less work. And that is generally a good thing.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fastw View Post
    That would be my recommendation.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fastw View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by write up. Do you mean an article to accompany the images, or a cover/query letter? You need to do exactly what the submission guidelines suggest, or risk having it all thrown in the trash without a look. If they say query with samples, that's what you do. If they say no unsolicited submissions, you don't submit unsolicited. Its 99.99% how you present yourself (not the pictures) because if you don't pass the eye test they won't even pay attention what you sent. So whatever you are asking here, the answer is going to be specific to the magazine you want to submit to. There is no generic, one size fits all answer.

Maybe its different outside the US, but that's how it is here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by write up. Do you mean an article to accompany the images, or a cover/query letter? You need to do exactly what the submission guidelines suggest, or risk having it all thrown in the trash without a look. If they say query with samples, that's what you do. If they say no unsolicited submissions, you don't submit unsolicited. Its 99.99% how you present yourself (not the pictures) because if you don't pass the eye test they won't even pay attention what you sent. So whatever you are asking here, the answer is going to be specific to the magazine you want to submit to. There is no generic, one size fits all answer.

Maybe its different outside the US, but that's how it is here.
    Sent out few emails to the best known magazines. The problem is that most of them don't even have submission procedures to follow so it's a bit of a guesswork whom to send it to.
    Well, we'll see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin