Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,403   Online: 725

Shooter
    35mm

Ansel Adams Exhibit - Springfield Ohio

All

There is a exhibit of Ansel Adams prints at the Springfield Ohio Art museum from Feb 14- May 11. Over 70 prints will be displayed.

Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is it the Museum Set? Laostyle17 and I saw the set owned by his daughter at a show near Chicago a couple years ago. Wonderful. Not to be missed if you live anywhere near.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It is the museum set. A link to the show: http://www.springfieldart.museum/?ex...by-ansel-adams. The link says the exhibit was coordinated by the Peoria Riverfront Museum, which presented a larger AA exhibit last year. The Peoria exhibit was curated by AA's daughter-in-law, not daughter, and included memorabilia such as his Deardorff with 10" Ektar wide field, notebooks, original early prints, etc. It was certainly worth the 600 mile round trip overnight visit.

Shooter
    35mm
    I saw the Peoria exhibit. I believe it was called "Western Exposure." It was very good and even had some of Adams' color work. Adams'work in B&W is very good IMHO.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin