Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,641   Posts: 1,668,481   Online: 741

Thread: Sein und Werden

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Sein und Werden

There is a *very* interesting E-Magazine: called "Sein und Werden" -
    [ http://www.kissthewitch.co.uk/seinundwerden/sein.html ]

- Pretty "avant-garde" Art Magazine. I, uh .. I've been published ... "Abstraction #27."

Rather "heady' company...

Oooo ... I *like* that magazine!!!
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "The aim of this ezine is to merge the dark visions of
    expressionism
    and the dasein of
    existentialism
    with the dream quality of the
    surreal".

I don't think they have any understanding of expressionism other then German expressionism from the 20s and early 30s. Most expressionism in the US, Spain and France at that time was anything but dark.

But it is a real interesting find. thanks so much for the post. I don't know if it is so much avant gaurd as retro, echoing the cutting edge graphic and art magazines from a time when technology was stamping its indelible imprint on all forms of art and creating many new mediums. Then again, same as it ever was I guess. I look forward to keeping up with it.

As far as your image Ed, its superb. One of my favorites of anything I have seen of yours.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach
    There is a *very* interesting E-Magazine: called "Sein und Werden" -
    [ http://www.kissthewitch.co.uk/seinundwerden/sein.html ]

- Pretty "avant-garde" Art Magazine. I, uh .. I've been published ... "Abstraction #27."

Rather "heady' company...

Oooo ... I *like* that magazine!!!
    Just a caveat about the subject matter. If you are at work, as I was, you may not want to go looking through this site; not if you value your job.
    Last edited by roteague; 02-15-2005 at 04:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Just a caveat about the subject matter. If you are at work, as I was, you many not want to go looking through this site; not if you value your job.
    I would imagine that would be good advice for anyone accessing APUG, as well.

I would not recommend using a Company computer on Company time for personal use - to anyone.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin