Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,610   Online: 1143

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just ordered a copy of "The Water's Edge". Looks beautiful and quite inspiring! Thanks for the recommendation.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Not photographic, but how about the Mervyn Peake trilogy - Titus Groan, Gormenghast and Titus Alone?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sally Mann, Deep South. Thought-provoking images, more pictorialist than "straight photography" but with a very tactile nature due to her wet plate technique. I don't know yet whether I love 'em or hate 'em, but they are certainly an interesting counterpoint to my Adams and Ed Weston books!

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting indeed, though I still prefer her family pictures.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Carleton Watkins: The Stanford Albums, published in conjunction with the Watkins 18x22 glass plate photographs on exhibit at the Cantor Arts Center of Stanford University through August 17. This hardbound 11x14 six pound book is a bargain at only $30.60 plus postage from Amazon.com. It is a revelation for us who have long admired Watkins' photography, recorded with artistic expertise despite great logistic difficulty 137 or more years ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That sounds an absaloute must have for anyone with an interest in landscape-thanks.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    Wow great topic and great books love all these book.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Diane Arbus ou le reve du naufrage" by Patrick Roegiers. A brilliant essay about Diane's life and work. A very good complement to "Revelation".

"Limelight" from Helen Gee or how she created in the '50 the famous photo gallery in the Greenwich Village, a real adventure!
    "The problem with photography is that it only deals with appearances." Duane Michals

"A photograph is a secret of a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Foto-Modernity In Central Europe 1918-45- Essential for anyone with even a passing interest in the history and photography of the period. It's good to see lots of work by less familiar names in here too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin