Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,661   Online: 1200

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats Thomas!
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thomas, congratulations. I wish all the best to you. You deserve the best that chemical photography can return to you for all that you have done to preserve it.

Peter
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    well done, Thomas!
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments and especially those that placed orders.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice Thomas, congratulations on you being selected for this particular publication. Nice to see a new magazine hitting the stands too.
    "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care"

- Theodore Roosevelt -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just went to order. It defaulted to a $15.99 shipping cost option? Even the cheapest is $7.99 for estimated delivery by May 28th? For a magazine? Would like to see this mag, and for $13.99 for the mag it's not cheap but I'm inclined to give it a shot. But I was expecting maybe a couple of bucks for shipping most....sorry Thomas, not to take away from your great news here but over $23 for a magazine is a little much and humorous that the site at first defaulted to $15.99 for shipping and expected me to pay over $32 at first!
    -----------------------

Richard S.

My Photography Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Sintchak (rich815) View Post
    I just went to order. It defaulted to a $15.99 shipping cost option? Even the cheapest is $7.99 for estimated delivery by May 28th? For a magazine? Would like to see this mag, and for $13.99 for the mag it's not cheap but I'm inclined to give it a shot. But I was expecting maybe a couple of bucks for shipping most....sorry Thomas, not to take away from your great news here but over $23 for a magazine is a little much and humorous that the site at first defaulted to $15.99 for shipping and expected me to pay over $32 at first!
    I agree with you, Richard. Shipping is bonkers. I appreciate you considering a purchase.

I ordered a few copies to have on hand, which makes it more manageable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You know I still might go ahead and get a copy even at $23 because I'd really love to see your photographs in this magazine Thomas. That said however, a few years back I gave Blurb a try and ordered a couple of books and I even put a small, short one together for myself as a sample, and quite frankly the black-and-white reproductions were god awful! There was some green tonal shifts and just overall kind of lacked any kind of richness to the B&W photos. Now I understand this is not high-end publishing but on the other hand what I got was pretty much unacceptable in terms of how I would like to see other's work or how I would like to have my black-and-white work look. One of the photographer's books I got said this: "yeah I know, pretty bad but it's a cheap way to publish". In your opinion has this improved much? Not sure how much experience you might have in how Blurb's quality was before but do you find it at a level above and beyond just plain "acceptable"?
    -----------------------

Richard S.

My Photography Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Sintchak (rich815) View Post
    You know I still might go ahead and get a copy even at $23 because I'd really love to see your photographs in this magazine Thomas. That said however, a few years back I gave Blurb a try and ordered a couple of books and I even put a small, short one together for myself as a sample, and quite frankly the black-and-white reproductions were god awful! There was some green tonal shifts and just overall kind of lacked any kind of richness to the B&W photos. Now I understand this is not high-end publishing but on the other hand what I got was pretty much unacceptable in terms of how I would like to see other's work or how I would like to have my black-and-white work look. One of the photographer's books I got said this: "yeah I know, pretty bad but it's a cheap way to publish". In your opinion has this improved much? Not sure how much experience you might have in how Blurb's quality was before but do you find it at a level above and beyond just plain "acceptable"?
    I used Blurb a few times in the past, and I had the same green tint.

From what I understand it's been improved a lot. But I haven't seen a copy yet to confirm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Grattis, det ar roligt och spennande!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin