Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,994   Online: 675

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The Getty Center

I flew down to LA this weekend for the purpose of seeing the current exhibits at The Getty Center. The list is too big to talk about each item. There were no disappointments! This is the time to see historically processed images of historical people and events. Your history of photography, art, and general history will come to life as you pass the images.

OK AA; there is not much to say about Ansel Adams that has not been said before! I will say that for me it is "I see, that is why he is at the top of the field of photographers in history. The photographs in that smaller room collectively showed the progress he made from pictorial to the modern and beyond. One partition had two prints of Moonrise, Hernandez , New Mexico. One as shot, one printed as he imagined it would be. Pre-visualization that he recognized with Monolith, The Face of Half Dome, Yosemite National Park, California, 1927. The image that suffered a fire and had to be printed without a quarter inch of the top and left.

This is was the best Sunday I have had in a while! Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    35mm

amazing

The Getty Center Museum is a truly amazing place. I am always impressed with what you can do with a couple of spare billion dollars rattling around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by snapguy View Post
    The Getty Center Museum is a truly amazing place. I am always impressed with what you can do with a couple of spare billion dollars rattling around.
    I over heard a man say it was the most expensive property in LA county. Money made before income taxes.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    35mm

tax

Oh, JP Getty was still making money after they started the income tax. But, remember what the rich lady said to her maid "Only poor people pay taxes."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would love to go to the Getty Center Museum, but I'm here on the east coast.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a must see place when you're in LA. Admission price is right. It's FREE. I love the ghost tram ride up the hill too.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's ONE OF the must see places...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin