Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,945   Posts: 1,585,839   Online: 988

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Anyone toured the Nomadic Museum in NYC yet?

There was an article about Gregory Colbert's work in the paper this morning. I had never heard of this Canadian photographer till now who has his own floating "museum" at pier 54 in NYC. He just started showing his gigantic prints of animals-collaborating-with-humans series there. He calls the space: Nomadic Museum. The floating museum is to travel to China and Japan later.

His photographs (which sell for $60,000 -$350,000!!) are printed on Japanese paper and is all "non-digital". I looked at the images on his website and the work is simply brilliant. I will have to make a special trip to NYC to see this fascinating endeavor. I don't think I have ever seen such an ambitious and grandiose exhibit dedicated solely to photography (and some film footage by Colbert).

Has anyone seen this yet?

Shooter
    ULarge Format

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin