Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,217   Online: 772

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Critic thinks photography shouldn't be hung in art galleries.

Wow... Just wow....

My first thought is that this guy is really young and has never actually spent the time developing his own film or spent hours and hours printing reiteration of the same image perfecting it to be a perfect print, i'll he does is talk about digital and it sounds like he's very young and doesn't really have much experience with fine art photography but that could be a poor assumption I don't know.

Either way have fun reading this idiots ramblings...

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddes...P=share_btn_fb
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I think you nailed it - young, unknowledgeable, and foolish.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    I think you nailed it - young, unknowledgeable, and foolish.
    His picture (click on his name) looks like he's in his 50s. But his writing is juvenile.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I disagree ... to me, it seems he's resurrecting "arguments" that are as old as photography.

So Jurassic, rather than Juvenile ...

Shooter
    35mm

waste

If I want to waste my time I would go out and buy a digital "camera."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    I disagree ... to me, it seems he's resurrecting "arguments" that are as old as photography.

So Jurassic, rather than Juvenile ...
    exactly

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Flat and soulless and stupid" eh, mayhaps he hasn't looked at enough photographs -- or enough paintings! Good grief, I regularly see paintings in museums that leave me scratching my head. Anyway, stirring up a ruckus seems almost required to market and promote oneself and one's media employer these days. (Click 'Ignore'!!!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    "Flat and soulless and stupid" eh, mayhaps he hasn't looked at enough photographs -- or enough paintings! Good grief, I regularly see paintings in museums that leave me scratching my head. Anyway, stirring up a ruckus seems almost required to market and promote oneself and one's media employer these days. (Click 'Ignore'!!!)
    Indeed.
    I felt it was someone who wasn't able to express himself well. 'The problem was the lighting,' the person said then decided that 'photos should not be displayed cos they looked insipid' - and not that lighting should be improved!
    Last edited by analoguey; 11-15-2014 at 11:07 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Critic thinks????

It appears to me that this article has a shared problem with much of digital capture, a total lack of editing (should have hit the bin).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's just an editorial opinion. Don't let it bother you. The next article you read about photography will probably be a very positive one.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin